NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a software engineer to join the team behind the "Injustice" and "Batman: Arkham Origins" mobile games. Our small, creatively-independent team brings premium action games to the iPhone and iPad, utilizing WB's most valuable and exciting properties.
As a member of our studio's mobile engineering team, you will work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to develop our next ground-breaking mobile title. Your domain will span as much of the codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems, as well as new game systems. You'll be working to support our designers' vision on a team open to your creative input as well.
- Design, author, maintain and refactor game systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of game systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of game systems.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Collaborate with designers and content creators to brainstorm solutions that satisfy design and content requirements.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience developing complex game-play systems for a published game.
- Worked on production game title from concept to ship.
- Experience with gameplay scripting (Lua, Python, Unrealscript, etc).
- Experience with Unreal Engine programming (preferred).
- Experience with mobile analytics and user acquisition (preferred).
- Experience with online profile servicing, A/B testing and content delivery (preferred).
- Experience with XCode and Objective-C programming (preferred).
- Experience with the release process including working on systems related to localization, certification and asset management (preferred).
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- Thorough knowledge object-oriented programming concepts.
- Basic knowledge of commonly used design patterns.
- Familiarity with version control (CVS, SVN, Perforce, etc.).
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading game systems and ship the highest quality AAA games.