Where can you use your game development engineering skills, be equally challenged, work with world class developers, for comparable pay & excellent benefits, yet work regular hours that allow for a nice work/life balance?
Consider working for HERE, a Nokia business that has created the best map in the world for the last 30 years. Formerly known as NAVTEQ and Nokia Location & Commerce, our maps can be found in 4 out of 5 in-car navigation systems in North America and Europe. Our office is located in sunny Southern California and world class beaches are only a short drive away.
HERE is looking for Software Engineers to work on our next generation 3D mapping technology. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic and dedicated team, and develop large sophisticated software systems. We serve both business customers and consumers with the energy of a start-up and the stability of an established operation. We care passionately about our customers, our products and each other. We are interested in candidates with experience and specialization in 3D graphics, GIS, mapping, computer vision, visual simulation, and/or LIDAR technology.
Give us the opportunity to show you what is outside gaming, but inside your world!
- Write C++ client code for our suite of Windows PC 3D internal applications.
- Interface with user interface designers and implement requested features.
- Attend daily team scrums and quarterly release planning meetings.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems
- 4 to 6 years of professional software development experience
- At least 2 years of experience programming in C++
- Experience with 3D graphics
- Willing to work in a team based culture
- Mastery with data structures & core libraries, as well as familiarity with both STL & Boost
- Strong math skills, particularly linear algebra and geometry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- User interface development with WPF or Qt
- Experience using Direct3D or OpenGL
- Familiarity with C# or Python is a benefit (in addition to strong C++ skills)
- Familiarity with Agile development, continuous integration, and modern testing methodologies
- Familiarity with databases, including spatial databases & GIS
- Proficient in one operating system (e.g., Unix, Linux, Windows)
- Proficient in one Configuration Management tool (e.g., Mercurial, Git, Subversion)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills