Blizzard Entertainment is seeking talented and enthusiastic software engineers for our San Francisco office. The Battle.net group handles a large number of projects that are not tied to individual games, but shared among many games. These include future technology, installing and patching, downloading, client streaming, build systems, cross-platform code, and low-level platform code (file systems, memory management, networking, etc.).
The software engineer must be able to work effectively in conjunction with both internal team members and other teams at Blizzard. Enthusiasm and flexibility in working on a variety of projects are also necessary. The ideal candidate is a good communicator, is able to balance requirements against implementation, and enjoys technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them. The emphasis is on writing reusable code that is both very reliable and scalable to very large problem sizes.
- Design and develop shared systems libraries for Blizzard games and tools.
- Design and develop systems such as patching, installing, downloading, and launching for all Blizzard games.
- Design and develop internal infrastructure such as build servers, automated testing, and deployment.
- Mentor and develop software engineers.
- Expert C++ engineering skills (A minimum of 5 years in C++)
- Experience with code optimization
- Strong motivation to analyze and improve systems and infrastructure
- Self-motivated and willing to pitch in on many areas of development
- Proven experience in designing and developing reliable and robust systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- A passion for video games
- Excellent communications skills and strong leadership experience
- Passion for technology
- Experience with user interface development
- Agile development exposure
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols)
- Multiple platform experience (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
- Experience with multiple languages, including scripting languages like Perl, Python, or Lua
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered