Activision is looking for an experienced software engineer to join a high impact R&D effort from our new Seattle-area offices. You will not only get the opportunity to directly impact our next generation of game titles, you can also help develop cutting-edge technologies for the future. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in designing and shipping professional systems middleware, writing and debugging code in C/C++/Java/C#, and solving complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, scalability, security and REST service design. Other desirable technical specialization includes cloud computing (AWS, Azure), machine learning, analytics, computational geometry, real-time rendering, game AI or physics.
Activision favors contributors who thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate must be a strong analytical thinker who can balance design and operational excellence against new feature development, respond gracefully to changing requirements, and drive a high level of focus with other strong engineers.
• 3+ years focusing on core development, debugging and operations of large-scale software systems
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience; a strong background in data structures, algorithms, processor architectures and complexity analysis is required
• Strong problem solving skills even with ambiguous problem definition
• Comfortable owning end-to-end design, implementation, measurement and analysis of prototype experiments to identify a “best path forward”
• Analytical decision making: tracking metrics to guide engineering trade-offs
• Professional development experience in C++ is required
• Strong technical communication skills, both verbal and written (architecture documents and wiki)
• Operational experience delivering and maintaining online services
• Working knowledge of x86/64 ASM, C#/.NET, Java, Perl and Python
• Experienced in all phases of software delivery, from prototyping to product integration and optimization
• Engineering background in AAA game title production
• Background in simulation or emulation of processors, networks, distributed services or similar complex systems
Who we are:
At Activision, we believe great games start with great people. But this place is not for just anyone... it's for the best.
We've been writing video game history since 1979, elevating ourselves to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Our company's mission is to tirelessly pursue both creative excellence and commercial success, focusing deeply on blockbuster franchises that have redefined pop culture. We achieve that through our immensely talented development teams, and the operational expertise of our management, marketing, and corporate services.
The people who work here are highly engaged in what they do and with whom they work. Why? We expect that our people will deliver results that impact the company from their very first day, and every day after that. Our people learn and grow quickly, and everyone is continually challenged to take their "game" to the next level. Our annual goals are nothing short of "Make History." Are you ready? If so, we welcome you to apply and join our amazing team.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher.
The company's product portfolio includes Activision Publishing's Call of Duty®, Skylanders™ and Destiny franchises, and such established licensed properties as Spider-Man™, X-Men™, James Bond™, and Transformers™, as well as Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft^®, Warcraft^®, StarCraft^®, and Diablo^® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the parent company of Activision Publishing, Inc. and Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.