Amazon Game Studios is a highly creative, fast paced team creating must-have games for mobile devices. We combine a start-up atmosphere with the considerable resource backing of Amazon. First and foremost, we're a game studio, and we’re passionate about creating fun.
As a Software Development Server Engineer you will be developing the services and platform to power the next generation of gaming experiences. You are a creative, natural problem solver with experience creating usable software. You have a passion for the back-end foundation that powers a game, having experience in multiplayer server development, state/data storage, scalability, and integration with client game engines. You are proactive in supporting your team’s client side game developers to ensure we can create the best game experience possible. You have broad development experience and software engineering skills in object oriented languages such as Java, C#, or C++. You are able to communicate effectively and focus on your customer’s needs. You are the kind of person who drives projects to completion and shows strong ownership afterwards, leveraging your work across multiple functions and groups to create reusable, generalized systems.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining server side game logic and platform services that are consumed by large games.
- Work closely with front-end game developers, game designers, and product owners to provide server solutions.
- Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined by writing elegant and practical code.
- Assist in developing project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
- Drive the architecture and design of Amazon Game Studio’s platform.
Be a champion for your customers: Insist on the highest standards to create the best user experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
- At least 1 released game or software title on which you were a primary server side contributor.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in a popular object oriented language like Java, C#, or C++.
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- 5+ years of game industry experience with contributions to multiple shipped titles.
- Android or iOS development experience.
- Unity or other 3D game engine development experience.
- Expert-level debugging and profiling skills, both at the application and systems level for large, highly scalable services.
- Experience in MMO server development, socket networking servers.
- Experience with web service frameworks such as J2EE Servlets.
- Experience with SQL relational databases and NoSQL development.
- Experience with large service oriented architectures.
- Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum.