Amazon Game Studios is passionate about building highly creative, exciting, and innovative entertainment for avid video game players. Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate lead engineer who wants to move fast, have fun, and make a big impact on the game industry.
As a software development manager leading our tools group, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys working with designers, game programmers, and technical artists to build a world-class development environment for our game teams. We are looking for a tech-savvy lead who is obsessive about usability, efficiency, and building innovative technology that lets our game developers build great games without constraint. The person in this role is comfortable about pushing boundaries, removing bottlenecks, and pushing his team to create functionality easy enough for any game developer to pick and use.
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead a team of engineers responsible for the development of core technology, tools (e.g. tools, engine features, IDE components).
· Work with internal game teams to make sure their needs are getting met.
· Hire world-class game developers, and retain them.
· Coach your team members, and grow their capabilities over time.
· Develop project plans and commitments for yourself and your team, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience.
· 5+ years of large-scale production experience in a leadership capacity
· A strong technical background with software engineering or technical management experience (e.g. experience as a technical producer, tech director, lead programmer, or similar).
· Great communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· Experience with application development on Windows and user interface design.
· A passion for staying up-to-date with game technology and helping teams build games more efficiently!
· Strong game industry experience (5+ years) working on cross-platform game technology.
· Experience leading a team of engineers to deliver a combined result.
· Experience with Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engines.
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum.