We're looking for a head-of-the-class Senior Server Programmer ready to architect and build a complete backend infrastructure for a multi-instance-style game server. Someone who can optimize DB performance, mitigate deadlocks in processes with thousands of realtime threads, configure inter-server IP security, and understand the entire user connection lifetime during an MMO-style game session.
Our culture is fast-paced and open, where we welcome suggestions on how we can do things better.
Located in downtown Seattle, we create the fun, focused and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. We only hire the best and most talented people who love what they do.
Every day you could be:
- Architecting the hosting infrastructure for a multiplayer-only game
- Optimizing DB usage for 10,000 reads/writes per second with 10 million rows.
- Building systems to distribute load over 100s of live servers
- Building tools to monitor and troubleshoot online game servers
- Working with leads and producers to scope and plan engineering tasks 6-12 months in advance
- 5+ Years of professional C++ & C# programming
- Experience with Distributed and Client/Server systems
- Expert with Relational & Non-relational DBs (SQL, MongoDB, etc)
- Experience with large-scale multi-threading
- Passion for scalability and performance
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)
- Unreal Engine experience
- Networking / TCP / UDP
- .NET Technologies: ASP.Net, WCF, Task Parallelism
- Experience mixing Managed and Unmanaged systems
- Experience as server engineer on at least one full multiplayer game development cycle
- Passion for games
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Apply Online At: www.crypticstudios.com