Mobile Game Backend Server Engineer
We are looking for a Backend Programmer/Server Engineer to design, build, and implement the server code for our upcoming mobile game for iOS,Android and Facebook (releasing Q1 of 2015). This will be a 6-12 month contract, starting immediately.
THE JOB: You will set up and program a cloud database server to handle game data, including:
- Sending and receiving game content between the server and the game client (Unity Game Engine).
- Saving user preferences.
- "Facebook Connect" feature.
- Tracking user purchases.
- Tracking unique users across multiple devices and platforms.
- Game analytics capabilities.
- A/B testing capabilities.
- In-game ads, using both third-party ad networks and our own internal cross-promotion ads.
- Build once, use forever features. The server needs to handle millions of records and never break a sweat.
- Client code in Unity to talk to the server.
Note: MUST be able to work with the Unity Engine.
- You know your stuff. We won't need to teach you anything. In fact, you'll know exactly what kind of solution we need. You'll even think of features we hadn't thought of.
- You finish what you start. You eat deadlines for breakfast. And lunch.
- You have done this kind of thing before. You've worked with mobile games or apps before. You have references. We need you to have one or more shipped products in your experience. You are familiar with the Unity Engine. You can make the server work with Mobile and Facebook seamlessly.
- You're a team player. Flexibility, Passion for Excellence, Creativity and strong Communication skills are a must.
WHO WE ARE: Lightside, Inc. makes Bible-based Facebook and Mobile Games that change people's lives. We have a small, robust team of extremely talented game developers. We've reached over six million players and we want to reach a hundred million more. Interested? Drop us an email at email@example.com. Write a quick, 1 paragraph proposal about how you would set up our server solution and what tools you would use. Attach a Resume/CV for us to review in .DOCX or .PDF formats.