Senior Technical Artist
Robotoki is on the lookout for an experienced Technical Artist to join the creative problem solving effort for the content creation processes and workflow of our Open World Game. The ideal candidate is a ravenous fixer, maker, and solver with expert knowledge of lighting, modeling and texturing principles and pipelines.
· Work with artists, tech artists, and programmers to determine existing problems and knowledge roadblocks with artist toolset, exporter, and tools.
· Coordinate with tech artists and programmers to design improvements and solutions.
· Understand existing tools and processes while developing new, and modifying existing, systems which integrate seamlessly with what exists.
· Work with programmers to provide art assets and data to assist with the development and testing of new tools, workflows and to help troubleshoot existing problems.
· Document existing tools and processes, as well as new systems and changes as they come online.
· Mentor and train other artists in best practices for production art creation.
· Coordinate with all departments to determine asset requirements, scheduling needs, and integration processes.
· Be a go-to person for expert technical knowledge of modeling, texturing and optimization of assets through next gen pipeline.
· Minimum 3+ years experience involving both art and programming with at least 2 shipped games as a TA
· Detailed knowledge of Autodesk Maya, including proficient use of scripting languages.
· Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject highly desired.
· Experience optimizing assets for Open World games a plus.
· Shipped (from pre-production to release) 2-3+, large scale, 3D titles (PC/Console).
· Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments.
· Experience with next generation game engines – Frostbite, Crytek, Unreal, etc.
· Can-do attitude, with a passion for diving into problems and producing solutions.
· Expert time management, verbal and written communication skills.
· Attention to development pipelines and target milestones.
· Ability to gather, analyze, and act on feedback from the team, openness to critique.
· Passion and constant drive to stay up to date with latest technology and new techniques.