Senior Visual Effects Artist
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Visual Effects Artist to help take the team that brought you Civilization V to the next level. As a Senior Visual Effects Artist, you will work closely with the Project Art Director to create high quality assets that enhance the player’s experience and bring life and spectacle into the game world. The ideal candidate must have a solid grasp of particle systems, modeling and texturing skills, as well as an excellent working knowledge of tools and skills listed below.
- You will be expected to create the highest quality visual effects, both in appearance and performance, while adhering to the project’s artistic vision.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering, design, and art teams to create beautiful and believable effects that offer creative solutions to design challenges, add life to the game world, and create wow moments for the player.
- Help establish pipelines for efficient creation and implementation of all visual effects.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as a visual effects artist.
- At least 2 shipped products as a visual effects artist.
- A solid understanding of form, color, and lighting.
- Solid painting and texturing skills.
- Outstanding problem solving abilities and capable of developing or optimizing new or existing pipelines.
- Professional Unreal 3 or similar engine experience is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Fork Particle system is a plus.
- Self-motivated, good communicator and a great team-player.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- A passion for making games.
Must have US work authorization
To Apply - https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GAMES2K&cws=41&rid=862