Crystal Dynamics is looking for an outstanding and talented Senior Visual FX Artist to work with our development team on creating world class action adventure games, such as the latest in the award winning Tomb Raider
franchise. The successful FX Artist needs to have Senior level expert experience with particle editing, texture creation and real-time materials and will have both a strong creative and technical background. This VFX Artist with be able to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving, and will be able to partner with multiple disciplines to meet project specific needs. He or she will be able to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands, and should be able to work under minimal supervision and under urgent timelines.
Join now to be part of our VFX team in our Redwood City studio, just south of San Francisco. Benefits for this fulltime position include competitive salary, health insurance options to suit all lifestyles, generous paid time-off, as well as other studio and corporate perks, such as a free gym and discounts on games and goodies.
* A portfolio related to visual effects *including examples of game VFX* is required to be considered for this position.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Create high quality textures and meshes using tools such as Photoshop, After Effects, and Maya
- Work with real-time materials
- Work with Fluid package to create pre rendered sequences and real-time flipbooks.
- Create all aspects of in game VFX from atmosphere to large destructive events
- Communicate with Artists, Designers, and Programmers to work through artistic and technical challenges
- Evaluate and initiate processes and features needed to improve and streamline production
- Strong art and animation skills, including design, composition, weight arcs and overlapping action
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Understand working within a real-time game engine’s limitations
- Understanding of the principles of art and animation
- Ability to multi task and give accurate time estimates
- Ability to meet strict production deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Work both as a member of a development team and individually with minimum supervision
- At least 5 years of video game industry experience in a related position
- Film experience may be considered in tandem with some game development experience, provided there is a strong displayed understanding of the constraints of creating VFX in a real-time game environment
- Experience with particle editing in a 3D application and an in-game engine
- Willingness to work with a proprietary particle tool
- HLSL shader creation experience
- Animation experience
- Environment art experience
- Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4