CCP is looking to add a highly creative industry experienced VFX Artist to the development team in the Newcastle Studio. The Studio is currently working on EVE Valkyrie which is a fast paced space dogfighting shooter enhanced through the use of VR hardware and is entering new territory for mainline game development. For this exciting and ground-breaking project we require a confident and talented individual with a broad range of skills to be able to cover all potential aspects of VFX within game production and be self-sufficient in the creation of them.
The perfect candidate will need good communication skills to work efficiently within a small team following Technical and Artistic guidelines. They need good time-management and organization skills to keep all areas of the VFX moving forward through from placeholder to final standard, and the flexibility to adapt priorities to changing requirements within the team. They must have personal drive and passion to produce AAA standard work and constantly seek new ways of pushing the boundaries and finding clever ways of producing breath-taking visuals within budget. They will be working within a small, talented group of seasoned professionals and require the ability to work closely with Engineers, Artists and Designers alike to design/produce VFX the highest Visual standards
Main areas of responsibility will include but not limited to-
- Responsible for all VFX including-
- Weapon VFX
- Environment VFX such as lighting/solar flares, gas clouds
- HUD FX
- Both 2d and 3d capabilities to be self-sufficient in providing assets needed to fulfil any VFX needs
- Hitting visual quality whilst within performance constraints
Experience / Skills Required:
- Industry standard software experience with a variety of packages such as-
- Ability to create AAA standard quality VFX working within visual guidelines defined by art direction and within performance guidelines
- Minimum 2 years+ experience of working on AAA console and/or pc titles in a VFX role
- One or more shipped titles for console and/or pc
- Lighting experience
- Motion Picture standard VFX
- Familiar with agile scrum methodologies
The candidate will need to provide a show reel with examples of work which should cover as wide a range and variety of VFX skills as possible. Please provide a breakdown of the work in the show reel that you were directly responsible for.
Application deadline is Friday 29th August.