Turbine, Inc. seeks a Senior Artist, VFX. The VFX artist collaborates closely with Studio team members, project Art Directors, Content and Design Teams to conceptualize, design, create and integrate AAA Visual FX in a timely and dependable manner.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, and our DC Comics MOBA: Infinite Crisis.
- Work with other FX artists to create unique and interesting visual effects for events in our games.
- Help mentor and train upcoming artists.
- Work closely with content, world and systems designers to create unique assets.
- R&D New VFX solutions for current and upcoming games.
- Model, texture and animate and integrate 3D VFX in Maya.
- Hook up VFX through script and script complex VFX interactions.
- Debug and find solutions for issues.
- Work with and manage large amounts of data.
- High School Diploma.
- BFA in 3D art, Animation or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years production experience.
- A strong sense of animation/particle timing.
- Experience with a scripting or programming language.
- Understanding of how VFX integrate with and affect game play.
- Ability to work with various teams to achieve the required end result.
- Leadership and good communication skills.
- Experience in aspects of Maya including Modeling, Texture/UV mapping, Rigging, and Animation.
- Experience working in Unreal Engine or any other game engines is a plus.
- Play experience with a broad range of games is a plus.