Senior VFX Artist - Contract: EVOLVE
Evolve is looking for an experienced VFX artist. You must have an ability to push the visual quality of game effects so that they closely match those of blockbuster movies. This position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with the engineering team and push the rendering capabilities of our target platforms.
• Work closely with the Art Director along with the art, design, animation, and audio Leads to bring life to gameplay and cinematics through the addition of flair and visual drama.
• Work with the visual effects team to create, design, and implement real-time particle effects which use both static and animated 2D/3D elements.
• Create ambient, environmental, and weather effects. .
• Research, analyze, and troubleshoot visual effects.
• Create clear, accurate, and accessible technical writing.
• Work with internal and external FX artists.
• Senior VFX artist with 5-7 years in the games or film industry.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and succeed in a diverse work environment.
• Possess a critical eye for timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX.
• Knowledge of visual effect terminology and techniques used in film, games, and animations.
• A passion for video games.
• Self-motivated, results-oriented, driven to create top quality visuals.
• Ability to manage a team, be deadline driven and push the boundaries of next gen technologies.
• Able to coordinate and give and receive feedback to/from remote team members.
• Willing to travel.
• VFX artist credit on at least one shipped next-gen AAA title as a Lead.
• Relevant 2D and 3D software experience (Photoshop, After Effects, 3D Studio Max).
• Experience in a secondary area such as texturing, modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting.
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages is highly desired.