Santa Monica, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Senior UX Designer - Treyarch
We are looking for a passionate and talented user experience designer to build compelling and accessible interfaces for our games. As Senior UX Designer you will contribute to the vision for how players experience the game for both online experiences as well as core single player experiences in the game. You will work directly with the Design Leads and Directors of the game as well as teams across the studio to ensure that all aspects of the game’s interface are easily understood and support the goals of the game.
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio's successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
What you'll be doing:
· Collaborate with team to translate game systems and gameplay user experience goals into intuitive interfaces that support and enhance the game experience.
· Create conceptual wireframes, user flow diagrams, and low-fidelity prototypes to communicate design concepts for discussion and testing purposes.
· Collaborate with artists to create high-fidelity mockups to solidify design direction and planning.
· Observe and interpret results of usability testing and live game metrics, sharing conclusions with the team that help increase accessibility and inform design decision making game-wide.
· Produce finished design specs with detailed requirements and use cases for final game user interface, including in-game UI (e.g. HUD).
The skills and experience you'll need:
· 3+ years of experience as an interface or user experience designer for games, software, mobile or internet applications.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a solid understanding of user-centered design principles to design a complete interface for all game features that is functional, usable, appealing, and accessible.
· Awareness of trends in hardware and operating systems, interface design, interactive design, and competitive software to help identify opportunities for innovation.
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and specifications to a broad range of team members from different disciplines.
· Ability to observe, understand and translate research into actionable insights for interface improvements.
· Solid skills with Adobe illustrator or similar program.
· Bachelor's degree
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
· Game industry experience designing UI for games, preferably on the console.
· Game industry experience designing gameplay systems of any sort.
· Formal information architecture or user centered design training.
· Graphic design skills.
· Passion for gaming with an eye to how user experience contributes to the success and accessibility of games.
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested