Great Games Start with Great People!
This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us!
Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard’s portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales.
High Moon Studios, part of Activision Blizzard, is developing a high-profile First Person Shooter. Based in Carlsbad, we offer a creative and challenging environment that fosters collaboration, mentorship and camaraderie. We're dedicated to making successful high quality games, and we are looking for outstanding candidates to join our talented team.
Senior User Interface Design/Developer
High Moon Studios is looking for a talented Senior UI Design/Developer to create interactive and visually compelling menus and HUDs for a high-profile First Person Shooter title. The ideal candidate has an eye for graphic design as well as the technical sensibility to be able to script their way to design solutions in a Flash-based interface. The ability to problem solve and communicate effectively with a team are a must.
· Create and implement functional HUDs and HUD elements navigable menus with a strong sense of style
· Collaborate with programmers, designers, and artists to create a user-friendly, consistent, and compelling interactive experience
· Process artistic and technical feedback to create unique design solutions
· Knowledge of photoshop/Illustrator and animation software, both 2D and 3D, as well as an affinity for learning new software
· Strong scripting and debugging skills
· Excellent problem solving skills
· Execute on directed design ideas in-engine
· Developed UI for one or more shipped titles
· Radiant Engine
· LUA Scripting
· Experience using Scaleform GFx
· Understanding of design and usability principles
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer..