A top innovator in the video games development industry, Gameloft develops publishes and distributes its titles for smartphones, feature phones and tablets, as well as new digital platforms like set-top boxes and Smart TVs.
Gameloft hit games include Despicable Me 2, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, The Oregon Trail, Modern Combat 4, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2013, Real Soccer 2013, Assassin's Creed, Ice Age Village and Order & Chaos, to name a few of the more than 300 games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
With offices in 30 countries in Europe, North America and Asia, with strength of over 6000 artistically talented and creative people Gameloft, a leading international publisher and developer of digital and social games, is seeking a 2D/UI Artist to join the Gameloft Auckland Studio.
To shine in this role, you must be an exceptional artist with skills in 2D. You have experience in mobile or casual games and are closely in touch with artistic trends.
- Well versed in Photoshop
- Strong illustration skills, sophisticated design and typographic sensibilities
- High-res next generation games specialist
- Knowledge of 3D drawing
- Flash and Motion Graphics experience a plus
- Effective English communication a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication and team contribution atmosphere
- Nuanced understanding of user interface design
- Familiarity with new trends
- Artistic flexibility, fast adaptation to new tasks
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- Works well under deadline pressure
- Enormous passion for games
- 2-4 years industry experience.
- Have a proven skills and released AAA titles
- An excellent eye for colour, shape, composition and iconography
- An extremely good understanding of the fundamentals of good UI design in terms of the entire user experience
- Being an expert in Adobe Photoshop
- Being an expert in Adobe Flash
- The ability to apply a high level of innovation and creativity in its use
- An excellent understanding of the full pipeline for getting UI assets into a game engine
- Enjoy working across multiple disciplines
- Mentoring and guiding the more junior members of the team
- Capability of conveying important information to all relevant departments in the work including designers, graphics programmers, production staff, and Lead artists
Benefits of working with Gameloft New Zealand