Senior Tools Programmer
2K is seeking the talents of a highly self-motivated Senior Tools Programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment. Senior Tools programmers work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences and to support our culture of iterative design to make AAA games.
Create and maintain tools for an unannounced multiplatform game currently in pre-production using proprietary software and technology.
- Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development.
- Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project.
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage.
- Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies.
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Expertise with the C/C++ and C#/.NET programming languages along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- WPF/MVVM knowledge is advantage
- DevExpress knowledge is advantage
- Ability to work directly with content creators and iterate on the tools efficiently.
- Self motivated and able to drive ideas to completion.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development.
- Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines.
- Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution.
- Experience in UI design and artist workflow.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Additional Experience and Skills (highly desired):
- Shipped AAA console or PC titles.
- Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, etc).
- In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines at previous projects.
- Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software.
- Experience with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript, Maya, and MEL.
- Multithreading knowledge
To Apply - https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GAMES2K&cws=1&rid=591