Senior Tools Engineer - Core Tech Team
2K is seeking the talents of a highly self-motivated tools programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment, and is looking to work directly with content creators to give them the power to create amazing experiences. The 2K Core Technology group is looking for an experienced tools programmer to work with our worldwide studios and development partners, helping them fully utilize the power of next-generation console and PC platforms. Work on exciting new IP as well as some of the industry’s most beloved franchises. Versatility is key; you will work with in-house custom engines as well as industry leading technology on a variety of game types and genres.
• Proactively identify the tools that will be needed throughout development.
• Work with the art, design, and audio departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project.
• Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage.
• Participate in the design of the game features to assist in the creation of supporting tools and technologies.
• Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators.
• Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with OO design principles.
• 3+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
• Ability to work directly with content creators and iterate on the tools efficiently.
• Self motivated and able to drive ideas to completion.
• Strong ability to quickly learn new areas of development.
• Proven ability to work well with all game development disciplines.
• Ability to analyze a situation and communicate the most effective and efficient solution.
• Experience in UI design and artist workflow.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Shipped AAA console or PC titles.
• Experience developing for game consoles (PS3, XBOX 360, etc).
• In-depth knowledge of game content pipelines at previous projects.
• Familiarity with Perforce and bug-tracking software.
• Experience with 3D Studio MAX, MaxScript.
• Experience with C#.