Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
- Trains and mentors junior staff members.
- Expected to be an individual contributor in addition of coordinating the work of other engineers.
- Additionally, expected to identify and propose solutions for content creation bottlenecks.
- Tools Engineers are still members of the main Engineering Team and are expected to work on the current project as necessary to meet studio commitments.
- Experience coordinating and leading development efforts of applications libraries and plugins for game content creation.
- Works with tool users and other engineers to determine tool requirements, then drives the implementation, documentation, maintenance and improvement to these tools.
- Participates in creating standards frameworks and libraries for internal tools.
- Regularly performs technical reviews of current tools to identify deficiencies.
- Regularly reviews new technologies for possible use by the team.
- Develops and communicates a clear vision of how products should function and the ability to lead peers to share and implement this vision.
Summary of Requirements
- Strong industrial experience in C++, C#, .NET API, game content tool development required.
- Production experience with WPF, event-based programming, application programming, multi-threaded programming required.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or a minimum 10 years' experience including video game programming required.
*We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans…valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.