Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo's cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin's sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Description of Duties:
- Senior level engineer responsible for driving the development, maintenance and support of proprietary Windows PC applications and libraries necessary for the creation of Retro Studios' games.
- Trains and mentors junior staff members.
- Expected to be an individual contributor in addition of coordinating the work of other engineers.
- Additionally, expected to identify and propose solutions for content creation bottlenecks.
- Tools Engineers are still members of the main Engineering Team and are expected to work on the current project as necessary to meet studio commitments.
- Experience coordinating and leading development efforts of applications libraries and plugins for game content creation.
- Works with tool users and other engineers to determine tool requirements, then drives the implementation, documentation, maintenance and improvement to these tools.
- Participates in creating standards frameworks and libraries for internal tools.
- Regularly performs technical reviews of current tools to identify deficiencies.
- Regularly reviews new technologies for possible use by the team.
- Develops and communicates a clear vision of how products should function and the ability to lead peers to share and implement this vision.
Summary of Requirements:
- Strong industrial experience in C++, C#, .NET API, game content tool development required.
- Production experience with WPF, event-based programming, application programming, multi-threaded programming required.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, or a minimum 10 years' experience including video game programming required.
** Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Nintendo's website (click on the word to apply) as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed resumes.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity. . .. . .celebrating strengths.