Amazon Game Studios is hiring! Make games at one of the most innovative companies in tech! We are currently hard at work on a project that will provide the right candidates with the potential to work on game experiences that push the boundaries of technology. Our team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Thief, System Shock 2, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Age of Empires, Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Call of Duty and Bioshock, with a pinch of Amazon peculiarity thrown in.
As a Software Development Engineer developing tools for the games team, you will be a creative, natural problem solver with experience creating usable software. You have a passion for tool development, and enjoy working on a broad range of software including application plug-ins, game engines, content creation tools, and back-end systems. You are proactive in finding and removing bottlenecks where they exist, and welcome direct feedback from your customers. You have broad development experience and software engineering skills. You are able to communicate effectively and focus on your customer’s needs. You’re the kind of person who drives projects to completion, sometimes across multiple functions and groups.
· Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining tools. Ensure features are integrated elegantly with existing features and platform infrastructure.
· Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
· Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined by writing a lot of elegant and practical code.
· Assist in developing project plans and commitments, then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
· Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and well-designed tools that delight your customers.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams
· At least 1 released game or software title on which you were a primary contributor.
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
· Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C#, C++, or Java.
· Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· 5+ years of game industry experience with contributions to multiple shipped titles.
· Android and iOS development experience
· Unity or other 3D game engine development experience
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
· Experience working in Agile/Scrum.