South Miami, Florida
Android, iOS, PC / Windows
Minimum Number Of Professional Titles:
Senior VFX Artist | Sr FX Artist
Shiver is Miami's newest video game start-up, backed by industry veterans.
We're growing fast and need your help to build a superstar team. Shiver is focused on building the world’s best free-to-play games for mobile, tablet and PC. Our CEO is John Schappert, former COO of EA and Zynga, former head of Xbox LIVE and Studios at Microsoft, and founder of EA Tiburon. John heads up a veteran team with a deep belief in bringing AAA game quality to the free-to-play market. Nexon, the world leader in free-to-play is our strategic partner and investor. We have a great culture with many perks & benefits, including equity and bonuses. This is a rare opportunity to make a big impact at a startup with huge potential!
JOB DESCRIPTION:Shiver Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally talented individual to be a part of the engineering & art teams working on the studio’s first title. The VFX Artist will be responsible for creation, implementation, and systems spec for all effects components in the game. They will need to collaborate closely with engineering, design, and the other art disciplines to develop outstanding visual effects.
- Working closely with Designers and Engineers to create handcrafted in-game visual effects to be used for real-time game assets and environments.
- Ownership and interaction with programmers and technical art to develop, enhance, and maintain VFX systems.
- Establish particle effects, post effects, and lighting effects.
- Work with lead artist to ensure timely completion of VFX assets.
- Technical setup, integration, and troubleshooting of VFX in a real-time game engine.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- Mentor and lead team of FX Artists, as applicable
- 2 shipped titles as a Lead FX Artist on PC, mobile or console platform
- 5+ years of experience as a professional FX Artist for game development
- In-depth understanding of current computer graphics capabilities and limitations
- Able to paint special FX textures from scratch matching and established style
- Proficient with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with Unreal and Unity VFX Middleware
- Solving technical issues that arise with new tools or game performance
- Solid understanding of next-gen FX authoring process, limitations and dependencies
- Competitive Base Salary + Equity
- Fortune 500 Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & 401k
- Catered lunch daily
- Not corporate, positive work environment - work hard, play hard
- Small company start-up led by some of the most successful veterans in the industry
- Chance to join a great, new start-up where you can get in on the ground floor
- Great location - Sunset Place Mall in the heart of South Miami
- Right in front of public transportation systems: Metro Rail & Bus
- Live in beautiful, sunny, Miami, Florida
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested