Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox 360
High School or equivalent
Senior Technical Artist (Temporary) - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People!
Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard’s portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales.
High Moon Studios, part of Activision Blizzard, is developing a high-profile, action-packed title for Xbox 360™ and PlayStation®3. Based in Carlsbad, we offer a creative and challenging environment that fosters collaboration, mentorship and camaraderie. We're dedicated to making successful high quality games, and we are looking for outstanding candidates to join our talented team.
SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST (Temporary)
High Moon Studios is seeking a talented, experienced, and self-directed Senior Technical Artist to join our award winning video game studio.
· Assists with CPU and GPU performance profiling and optimization of assets, lighting, and rendering passes
· Assists in designing tools/process solutions and pipelines for artists and designers
· Develops tools solutions using scripting or programming languages associated with production applications
· Recognizes inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identifies how to fix them
· Supports improvement/enhancement of processes throughout the project cycle
· Works with programmers and designers in researching and developing new game features
· Checks art content against technical guidelines
· Assists other artists in technical aspects of game creation
· Assists with rigging environment and character assets
· 5+ years’ games industry experience having worked on shipped game titles
· Proven record of successful contributions to software titles
· Strong artistic skills and working knowledge of 3D art production
· Solid understanding of polygon modeling, UV editing, Character Rigging, etc. in Maya or Max
· Solid understanding of Python, Mel, or MAXScript tool development
· Strong understanding of current generation rendering techniques
· Solid artistic background
· Bonus: Competence in C# and C++
· Bonus: Competence with realtime shader development
· Bonus: Experience using math functions and linear algebra for rigging or shading
· Communicates and collaborates effectively with the development team
· Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Continuous learner
· Able to adapt to change
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. .
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.