Want to break new ground in game and engine development? Telltale Games is seeking an enthusiastic Senior System Engineer to help us build our next-generation of episodic narrative technology for upcoming IPs and our award-winning titles!
Telltale’s Core Engineering group is responsible for developing low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”. The “Telltale Tool” is used by Telltale’s artists, designers, and Lua programmers to create tons of amazing content for XboxOne, PS4, XBOX360, PS3, Wii, iOS, PC, Mac, and Android. The Core Engineering group creates true “author once, run anywhere” technology.
• Create clean API’s for internal tools and editors that support developing cutting-edge game technology in cinematography, online integration, animation, and narrative
• Improve, debug, and extend one or more individual subsystems. Examples include: Heaps, File Systems, Resource Management, Animation, Dialog, GUI, Audio, and others
• Create robust, long-lived, content-agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross-platform feature fidelity
• Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology plan of the company and the game titles
• Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, and publications
Essential Skills and Experience
• 5+ years of professional C++/STL experience is required
• 3+ years of professional game development experience including at least some development experience with current or next gen hardware (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, XboxOne)
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
• Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine structure
• Detail oriented “finisher” with proven ability to create tested, reliable systems for rapid deployment
• Experience maintaining and debugging a large code base developed by multiple programmers over many years
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.