Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Senior Systems Designer - Treyarch
We are looking for talented and experienced Systems Designers to work directly with Design Leads and the Design Director to build compelling and fun gameplay systems. The ideal candidate has AAA console development experience with A.I., combat, gameplay or social systems and superior people skills. Working from high level design direction, you will create and refine a series of proposals and prototypes that will be developed into clear designs and requirements ready for implementation. Once in production, you will own the features from start to finish and have responsibility for implementation details, tuning and fun factor.
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
What you'll be doing:
• Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
• Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
• Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
• Use expert data analysis skills plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
• Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
• Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
• Build a rewards (currency, experience points, unlocks, etc.) pacing that keeps the player engaged.
• Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management. Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won't negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
The skills and experience you'll need:
• 3 or more years of game systems design experience on one or more shipped games with AI, combat, progression, or social systems.
• Excellent understanding of controller schemes and first-person combat mechanics.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Absolute passion for playing and making video games.
• Excel in a team environment, is self-motivated, and egoless.
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience using Illustrator or other program to communicate ideas.
• Understanding of information architecture principals as a way to define game systems.
• Experience designing UI to support game systems.
• Familiarity with scripting languages, or technical skills related to video game development.
• Experience with analytics tools and techniques. .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested