High School or equivalent
Senior Software Engineer - Services - Activision Seattle
The Activision R & D group is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to deliver high impact services from our new Seattle-area office. The ideal candidate will have strong experience building and operating web services or distributed systems, writing and debugging code in C/C++/C#, and familiarity with database back-ends. A solid background in cloud computing (AWS, Azure) is highly desirable. Other specialization might include network transports, big data analytics, real-time rendering, computational analysis (CFD, FEA), game AI or physics simulation. The team drives advanced development and analysis for a much larger organization, so strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Activision favors those who thrive in a dynamic environment where priorities can shift quickly. The candidate must be an analytical thinker who is comfortable balancing operational excellence against new feature development, responds gracefully to changing requirements, and can drive a high level of focus with other strong engineers. The ideal candidate will be experienced in defining metrics and performance analysis models, executing rigorous benchmarking methodology, and enjoys collaborating with both deep systems software architects as well as junior contributors.
• 7+ years focusing on core development and debugging of large-scale software systems
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with a strong background in data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, and processor and networking architectures
• Excellent problem solving skills even with highly ambiguous problem definition
• Comfortable owning design and implementing prototype experiments to identify the best plan forward
• Analytical decision making: modeling key innovations and risks, and tracking performance indicators to guide engineering trade-offs
• Professional development experience in C/C++
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience shipping software for game consoles such PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One
• Knowledgeable with C#/.NET, X86/X64 ASM, Java, Perl and Python
• Experienced in all phases of R & D delivery, from rapid prototyping to product integration and optimization
• Engineering background in AAA game title production or engine development
• Background in simulation or emulation of networks, distributed services or similar complex systems .
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested