Senior Software Engineer – Interactive Displays
Autodesk Inc. is looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join their Interactive Display Solutions team and work on the development of technologies and tools for their Scaleform products. Scaleform (http://gameware.autodesk.com/scaleform) is a high performance 2D engine used in a wide variety of interactive display and gaming applications across a full range of hardware devices: mobiles, PCs, game consoles, consumer electronics, etc. The applicant for this position will be using C++ and be responsible for contributing to the design, architecture, porting and implementation of various subsystems, tools, and applications related to 2D/2.5D interactive graphics.
The Sr. Software Engineer will be working with other programmers and content creators, as well as being self-driven. He/she should lead by example, and provide direction to less experienced software engineers regarding company development processes and product architecture. The applicant should be a strong C++ programmer and understand how to develop code to run efficiently on different platforms and hardware devices. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong technical background, a passion for graphics, hardware, and tools, and enjoys being part of a powerful and experienced engineering team.
Autodesk Scaleform provides a highly optimized, cross-platform 2D graphics engine and tool set. It enables the fastest way to create powerful and immersive user interfaces, interactive displays and high quality game content. Scaleform has 7 years of history in the interactive entertainment industry. It has been used in over 1500 products, such as video games, set top boxes, medical visualization, casino gaming, and mobile phones.
Autodesk offers a fun, creative and rewarding environment with a full range of benefits, including a very competitive compensation package.
Job Title and Number: Sr. Software Engineer – Interactive Displays / REQ13WD13819
Location: Greenbelt, MD
• Design, develop, implement and maintain high-quality C++ code, components and systems for software enhancements and new products.
• Write original software code and work with cross-functional application development teams to create systems and applications.
• Support customers and partners during Alpha/Beta phases to identify and resolve product defects.
• Produce clean, maintainable, well-documented code in adherence with internal standards.
• Troubleshoot and debug code in an efficient and systematic manner.
• Actively participate in decision making and direction by making recommendations on improving product quality as well as group productivity.
• Use performance analysis tools to test subsystems for optimal performance on multiple platforms.
• Create low level software designs prior to coding. Write high level software designs and specifications for feature implementation.
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent. MS / PhD preferred
• Expert-level C/C++ and programming skills
• At least 5 years professional experience, with experience shipping commercial applications or developing game engines
• Have excellent time, task, and resource organization skills and be willing to meet aggressive deadlines
• Be able to work well with other programmers and existing codebases
• Understand principles of developing efficient code and data on multiple hardware devices
• Program in a methodical and structured manner resulting in robust and maintainable code
• Be motivated, self-starter, creative thinker, ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Autodesk Scaleform's offices are centrally located 40 minutes from Baltimore and 30 minutes from Washington DC, in the Greenbelt, MD area. We are in close proximity to the University of Maryland, the Goddard Space Flight Center and the beautiful Chesapeake Bay.
Autodesk Scaleform is a short drive to Annapolis (Maryland's state capitol and home to the US Naval Academy), Baltimore, and Columbia/Ellicott City, which has been ranked as one of the top ten places to live by Money Magazine.