Blizzard Entertainment is growing our presence in San Francisco and is looking for a senior software engineer to join its elite Battle.net team. We want to hear from seasoned engineers who will put their experience and enthusiasm to good use, helping the team produce the most epic customer-facing site experiences possible. You’ll be responsible for creating new (and improving existing) applications in a high-load, high-availability environment, as well as helping to drive architecture and best practices across the team. As a senior software engineer, you’ll be expected to be a strong individual contributor in addition to effectively working with the team to drive project success, and have the proven ability to release quality software in a rapid development lifecycle. The ideal candidate must be passionate about technology, the web, video games, and a desire to work in a creative, challenging and rewarding environment.
The Battle.net team develops all our customer-facing web sites, ranging from account management and e-commerce sites, to community forums and character profiles for multiple global regions, extending, supporting, and enhancing the epic game experience and polish Blizzard is known for.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field, or equivalent training, and professional experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ industry experience building web applications
- Expert programming skills, including experience with Java, and application development for the web
- Expert analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Expert knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architectures, and patterns
- Experience in designing and building scalable, reliable, maintainable, testable, secure architectures for mission-critical applications
- Comfortable with Linux / UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat
- Thorough understanding of web-related technologies (e.g. HTML / XHTML, HTTP, SOAP, REST, TCP / IP, DNS, Message Queuing)
- Experience with data modeling in one or more modern relational databases and SQL
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple simultaneous projects
Required Application Materials
- Experience working on Blizzard Entertainment community fan-sites
- Experience working with non-SQL datastores
- Experience in multiple different languages, web frameworks, containers, and datastores
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.