Nickelodeon Games Group is seeking a talented and energetic Senior Game Engineer to join our team in Glendale, CA to help expand our industry leading Virtual Worlds Games brand. This position will focus on designing and implementing scalable game systems for our MMO games and online gaming applications. The ideal candidate must have solid experience with online games, preferably MMO/MMORP games with a focus on game play and game mechanics.
• Solve difficult problems that are sometimes not well defined by writing a lot of elegant and practical code.
• Designing, developing and deploying large scale systems working with all layers of a technology stack.
• Own the delivery of an entire piece of a game system or application, and execute well against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
• Help drive the architecture and technology by researching and evaluating different technologies.
• Utilize user feedback and metrics to deliver iterations of software features.
• Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards, and create functional and engaging features that meet the needs of the customer.
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years experience in game development
• Experience building highly trafficked, scalable, compelling user experiences.
• Experience in distributed, write-heavy persistence, including NoSQL and others
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum
• Proven capability in problem solving and ability to come up with innovative solutions
• Expertise in profiling, along with performance optimization (memory leaks, performance analysis)
• Experience working with cross-functional team including artists and designers
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proven experience working with video game related middleware and engines (Unity3d, fmod, Havok, UDK, Scaleform, Box2d, etc)
• Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
• OpenGL, OpenAL and Shader programming
• Network protocols (HTTP, REST), programming and debugging
• Experience developing native applications on iOS and Android