If you are a talented and experienced engineer with a history of proven excellence in game system engineering, Blizzard Entertainment wants you to join our Heroes of the Storm development team. We expect you to have outstanding people skills, a collaborative “yes, and…” attitude, and a longstanding passion for games within many genres on multiple platforms.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Design and implement various gameplay systems for Heroes of the Storm.
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team.
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially 'Gameplay First'.
- Expert C / C++ programming skills
- A minimum of 3 years’ game programming experience, including experience shipping at least one title
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI, pathing, scripting, combat, and online networking
- Speaks “Designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience developing strategy games
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working on networked games
- A passion for playing strategy games
- In-depth familiarity with Blizzard products