Amazon Game Studios is passionate about building highly creative, exciting, and innovative entertainment for avid video game players. Combining a start-up atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate engineer with back-end experience who wants to move fast, have fun, and make a big impact on the game industry.
In this critical role, you will be a creative problem solver who enjoys working with designers, game programmers, and technical artists to build new AI functionality for Amazon's games. We are looking for engineers who are proactive about pushing boundaries, removing bottlenecks, and building software to help our developers build innovative new game experiences.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining core AI technology, including AI behavioral features and navigation and path-finding.
- Help our game developers build without constraint - drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
- Ensure correct operation of AI features in a networked environment.
- Solve challenging problems that are often not well defined by writing a lot of elegant and practical code.
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience building game AI.
- Strong interest in researching and implementing new AI-related technologies.
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write expert-level, maintainable, and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C#, C++, or Java.
- Strong game industry experience (5+ years) working on cross-platform or connected games.
- Distributed systems or large-scale service experience.
- Low level optimization skills, experience in middleware, AI, animation, or physics.
- Unity, Unreal, CryEngine or other 3D game engine development experience.