Motorola is looking for experienced and versatile programmers to join the Spotlight Stories engine team on a contract basis.
Spotlight Stories is our platform for delivering high quality, interactive, animated short stories to Android devices. Our first production, Windy Day, was directed by Jan Pinkava (co-director of Pixar's Oscar-winning film Ratatouille) and rendered its characters using a real-time implementation of OpenSubDiv, Pixar's library for subdivision surface evaluation, that we optimized for OpenGLES and OpenCL. Each new story will leverage our technology to showcase the talent of leading directors, artists, and storytellers from the feature film and animation industries.
Technologically, each production is akin to a distinct game, with challenging new requirements for engine subsystems, visual effects, and tools.
The candidate will work on multiple areas of engine development for upcoming stories, including implementing and optimizing rendering and animation subsystems, shaders, in-game and offline tools.
The ideal candidate will have a critical eye for improvements across all of our tech and process: workflow, code quality, engine stability and performance.
- Minimum of 5 years' game and/or graphics programming experience
- Extensive background in any of the following: shader effects, rendering systems, physics and collisions, low level animation systems, scene and resource management, multithreaded programming
- Strong experience writing optimized CPU and GPU code
- Strong mathematics skills (linear algebra, trig)
- Fluency in C/C++
- Experience with asset pipelines and content creation tools development
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and ability to collaborate with artists on visuals and graphics techniques
- OpenGL or OpenGL ES experience
- Experience developing games for Android Java-based or native development
- Experience with LUA or MEL scripting
- Experience with ARM/NEON assembly
Feel free to apply directly by emailing your resume and cover letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org.