Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced programmer to join our crusade in developing top-quality games. As an engine programmer at Blizzard, you write and maintain the code that enables our games to run efficiently while also delivering on our artistic vision and gameplay goals. You will be responsible for developing systems on multiple platforms, working in areas like rendering, memory management, file and network I / O, and whatever else needs to be done to give us the best experience possible across all of the platforms we support.
- Collaborate with designers, game programmers, and fellow engine programmers to develop and refine key systems that will allow the game to run on multiple platforms.
- Identify and offer solutions for the technical challenges we will face during our development on multiple platforms.
- A minimum of 5 years’ game coding experience, including having shipped at least one multi-platform AAA title as an engine programmer
- Strong math skills
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience with code and data optimizations necessary to improve both memory and frame rate on multiple platforms
- Solid background in rendering and experience with shaders, animation, skinning, lighting, and special effects across multiple platforms
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience working on networked games
- Able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for playing games
- Passion for playing Blizzard games
- Computer science, mathematics, or related degree, or related experience