NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer – Rendering to work closely with the award-winning technology team behind the Mortal Kombat and Injustice franchises building cutting-edge technology and powering the development of NetherRealm's next generation of console games.
As a member of our studio's KoreTech team you will work closely with the Principle Rendering Engineer, content development leads and the rest of your peers on the KoreTech Team to develop state-of-the-art rendering and tools technology. As a rendering engineer, your domain will span as much of the rendering pipeline as your skills and interests dictate, as you design, implement and maintain pivotal new rendering and tool technologies for our talented in-house team of content developers.
In addition, as part of our studio's highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of both tools specific and general engineering systems. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project.
This job will require collaboration with the Principle Rendering Engineer and Director of Technology on issues of technical design. You will also work closely with our Art Leads and other content development experts on requirements gathering, iteration during feature betas and subsequent long term support.
The Senior Software Engineer - Rendering will also work with the KoreTech Producer to help develop realistic schedules and identify all dependencies.
- Design, author, maintain and refactor rendering code that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Collaborate with Principle Rendering Engineer, other Rendering engineers, Art Leads, Senior Technical Artists and other content development experts to identify elements of the content development pipeline in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new rendering technologies.
- Coordinate with content development experts to develop tools to utilize new rendering technologies.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of new rendering tools and features.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years working in rendering.
- 3+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- At least 1 shipped console title as a rendering engineer.
- Experience working with the Unreal Engine/Editor (preferred).
- Experience developing engine tools for 3D games for a console (preferred).
- Experience working with artists and collecting requirements (preferred).
- Supported development of a multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred).
- Knowledge of DX11.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine (preferred).
- Familiarity with the workings of 3D design tools (level editors, modeling tools, etc) (preferred).
- Working knowledge of 3D math (preferred).
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Highly motivated to build easy to use, robust tools.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge tools technology.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team development environment.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading tools technology.