We’re looking for outstanding engineers to join our team! If you have a passion for gameplay, physics, networking, tools and/or graphics we’d love to hear from you. As an engineer at Demiurge Studios you’ll work with other engineers, artists and designers to deliver innovative games for the PC, Android and iOS devices. Demiurge development teams are cohesive, highly skilled and well-supported…come join us!
- Work closely with art and design to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Author technical design documents for the team which specify what will be developed and how
- Provide time estimates and development plans for feature development
- Implement, test, debug and maintain source code
- Provide ongoing support to art and design
- Track your development progress and keep production management well-informed
- Think creatively and work proactively to solve any blocking issues for yourself and your teammates
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and to specification
- Review the work of other engineers and provide constructive guidance in a highly collaborative environment
- Make educated trade-offs among scope, quality and pace.
- 4+ years game industry experience
- Strong C++ programming and software architecture skills
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
- Engineering credits on one or more shipped titles for iOS, Android, PC, Xbox or PlayStation
- Experience developing software for one or more of the following systems: Physics, Animation, Graphics, Networking, Gameplay, AI, UI, Audio
- A strong background in 3D math, trigonometry and linear algebra
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Has an interest in good software engineering practices and maintaining code quality
- Self motivated and able to achieve development goals with minimal supervision
- Has a passion for games and plays them regularly
- Must be eligible to work in United States
- Has outside interests!
Preference to Applicants with
- Experience coding core engine systems (memory management, event handlers, I/O, etc.)
- Experience setting up automated build systems and unit test frameworks.
- Comfortable working in PC, Linux and Cygwin environments
- Experience developing games using agile methodologies
Please email your cover letter, resume and a code sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org