Robotoki is looking for a Senior Server Engineer to drive the development of code and infrastructure for multiplayer online gaming including account management, payment processing, load balancing, matchmaking, friends lists, chat, telemetry, anti-cheat, infrastructure design, live operations management, and optimizations.
The ideal candidate is passionate about games, experienced in development, self-directed, and eager to own the challenges of taking our open world online. As a senior engineer, this position requires a high degree of hands on work on all game related network systems.
· Develop robust, distributed, scalable server systems to handle high volume use.
· Implement server-side features, as well as web services to support game clients, browsers, and external server interactions.
· Design optimized server infrastructures interfacing multiple types of servers and databases.
· Analyze and optimize server performance and transactional database systems.
· Develop client code to communicate with server systems.
· Work with external vendors and publisher to develop and integrate solutions using and extending their online service SDKs.
· 3 years in related senior server programming position on high profile online games.
· Must have shipped at least 1 high profile online title in this role.
· Excellent C/C++/C# programming and engineering skills.
· Experience with .NET, IIS, and SQL server
· Complete understanding of the implementation requirements of client-server networking model.
· Experience dealing with bandwidth and latency issues in games, and a strong knowledge of solutions.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
· Excellent time management and communication skills.
Experience implementing networked gameplay, AI, or physics.
· Data mining experience.
· Shipped PC MMORPG.
· Shipped console title (preferably Xbox 360, Playstation 3).
· Familiarity with networking systems and their components including: DNS, NAT, firewalls, security methods, and client server models.
· Experience with online game service APIs, particularly Xbox Live, Sony NP, and Games for Windows Live.