With over 340 million registered users and more than 50 online games, we are one of the top gaming portals in the world. Employees from over 35 different nations work hand in hand at the company to develop the best online games, cooperating with media partners, such as mail.ru, Syfy, Pro7/Sat 1, M6, Antena 3 and many more, to internationally distribute the games as online content clicked millions of times. In our Hamburg headquarters as well as our office in Berlin, we use the latest technology to develop high-quality causal titles as well as core games which by now have already achieved cult status or which are well on their way there: Drakensang Online, Seafight, DarkOrbit, Rising Cities, Farmerama and the original online game for the sci-fi TV show Battlestar Galatica.
Senior QA Tester (m/f)
Division: Quality Management Location: Hamburg Reference Number: HH56073
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Senior QA Tester (m/f) for our game Farmerama who strives to raise the bar for high quality standards in browser games. You enjoy exploring every nook and cranny of a game and its features and will help identifying errors with your distinct attention to detail. You will actively support a game’s development by clearly communicating any issues found, thus ensuring the project reaches its quality goals.
- You will execute functionality testing on an assigned game project and detect errors and malfunctions
- You will report issues found in a concise, accurate and readable manner, documenting them in our bug database
- You will conduct regression testing as well as recheck fixed issues and validate them
- You will assist the QM Project Manager assessing the status of new builds and updating project specific QM documentation
- You will review Game Design Documents to help define test cases and create checklists for new features of the game
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities:
- You are passionate about gaming, have an interest in diverse game genres and can relate to both casual and core games
- You have 3+ years work experience in Quality Management / Quality Assurance within the games industry
- You are highly able to motivate, discipline, advice and mentor
- You are strongly dedicated to the “ideal” of game Quality and a desire to push for greater quality
- You have excellent problem solving, analytical and interpersonal communication skills, including an effectivc Management style
- You combine teamwork and excellent leadership skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- You have excellent knowledge of game testing practices, conventions and procedures
- You have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Preferably, you have experience with bug tracking software (Mantis, Jira etc.)
- You are fluent in spoken and written English
- You work independently in a focused and structured way
- A challenging and engaging software development environment with multiple proven and exciting games from start to end (e.g. Drakensang Online)
- A professional and international team of specialist in all areas supporting you with long-year industry expertise
- Teamwork, quick decisions and possibilities to grow and supply own ideas
- Career paths and options to develop further over time
If you feel that your talent and abilities would make a valuable contribution to our future, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply online and make sure to mention your salary expectations and quoting reference number HH56073.
Please be aware, that we will only accept applications via our website. We regret that we won’t be able to consider applications which were send by post.