Overall, the position of Senior Producer is expected to partner with the organization to:
Direct the development of multiple products in all areas to include:
- Development and maintenance of overall project plan to determine resource needs, budget and time.
- Communication between team members, outside developers, consultants and all inter-company resources.
- Responsibility for all phases of the product development cycle from design through implementation.
- Managing development efforts to keep product development on schedule and within budget.
Manage one or more Producers, Associate Producers or Assistant Producers. This would include:
- Performance Reviews
- Career coaching and long-term planning
- Skill improvement and training
- Providing technical information to assist in the resolution of complex problems.
Contribute to current and future Product Development needs. This contribution would include:
- Establishing, maintaining and enhancing creative relationships with inside and outside developers
- Reviewing and evaluating product concepts and designs for acquisition.
- Reviewing and evaluating competitive products.
- Establishing, maintaining and enhancing necessary processes and procedures for product development while coordinating with all other SCEA business units to ensure SCEA company-wide policies are adhered to.
Develop business awareness through strategic thinking and planning. This would include:
- Ensuring that all projects are in line with the organization’s business plan and satisfy the business objectives.
- Staying current with developments among competitors and evaluating the impact of industry and technology developments.
- Balances ideal technical approaches and project scope against business deadlines and priorities to find the best compromise.
- Considers all projects within the context of a broader view of how the business and technology will be changing over the next several years.
- Works with financial management to understand the financial implications of all projects. Takes the organization’s budgetary cycle into account when developing project schedules.
- Anticipates and plans for the impact of the projects on other systems, business units, etc. Identifies and seeks the support of key company personnel affect by the project.
- Interpersonal, facilitation, communication and project management skills.
- Process knowledge, attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills
- Understanding of the technical aspects of product development. Ability to identify other business units with necessary technical knowledge and cultivate relationships.
- Implementing projects in partnership with co-workers, developers and other SCEA business units. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Understanding of the industry, where technology is headed, what resources are available now, etc.
- Responsible for directing the development of multiple products from concept to final product release. At a senior level, typically works on larger, more strategic, or key products
- In addition to direct producer / project-product management functions, serves as a technical resource to other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems or leading them on larger projects.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances creative relationships with inside and outside developers.
- Reviews and evaluates product concepts and designs for acquisition
- Supports studio strategic planning, budgeting processes, and provides technical and creative input to management.
- Schedules development efforts and keeps actual development on schedule.
- Accountable for meeting production schedules and deadlines for product-related materials across multiple projects.
- Works with resources throughout the company to ensure successful completion of the products. Ensures that outside developers meet milestones and receive all necessary technical information.
- Supervise and train one or more Producers, Associate Producers and Assistant Producers.
- Six to ten years of experience
- Degree from a four-year college (i.e., BA, BS)