Blizzard Entertainment is growing our presence in San Francisco to join its elite Battle.net team and is looking for a highly organized and enthusiastic producer with outstanding communication skills and a demonstrated aptitude for project management. The ideal candidate must be capable of communication regarding design and technical tasks, love the act of planning, enjoy working inside a flexible team-oriented environment, be versed in project management styles and processes, and be utterly devoted to delivering quality products on time. Self-direction and follow-up skills are a must, as well as the ability to anticipate production issues and find effective solutions.
The Battle.net team develops all our customer-facing web sites, ranging from account management and e-commerce sites, to community forums and character profiles for multiple global regions, extending, supporting, and enhancing the epic game experience and polish Blizzard is known for.
We have a very collaborative environment, both inside the team and with other teams across Blizzard, so you'll be doing a fair amount of talking and listening. If you really must have a list of bullet points, we have them listed below, but we don't hire by bullet points, we hire people who can make the right things happen.
- Work with the department’s lead to ensure the overall goals of the team are being met.
- Create, coordinate, track, and manage the schedule to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Identify, track, manage, and resolve project issues.
- Ensure that solutions are of acceptable quality.
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved.
- Work with department team leads and other producers to determine resources necessary to see projects through to completion.
- Act as project leader and champion a consistent, organized process. Participate in creating and improving pipelines and processes to improve team productivity and reduce risk to the schedule.
- Gather, document, and organize business, functional, and creative requirements for new projects from project stakeholders.
- Liaise with stakeholders within different departments to facilitate communication.
- Supply updates to department leads and executive management on progress.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and a healthy team culture.
- Manage and guide other producers within the team.
- Handle other duties as may be assigned.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a production role
- A proven track record of shipping products
- Able to communicate effectively
- Must be skilled at risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of development process, project management, and performance management
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills in English
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A passion for video games
- A passion for organization and planning
Required Application Materials
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Agile development exposure or Scrum Master certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Familiar with foreign languages
- Previous programming or technical experience
- Previous design or art experience
- Previous experience working in web development
- Previous experience working in mobile app development
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.