Overall, the position of Senior Producer is expected to partner with the organization to:
Direct the development of multiple products in all areas to include:
- Development and maintenance of overall project plan to determine resource needs, budget and time.
- Communication between team members, outside developers, consultants and all inter-company resources.
- Responsibility for all phases of the product development cycle from design through implementation.
- Managing development efforts to keep product development on schedule and within budget.
Manage one or more Producers, Associate Producers or Assistant Producers. This would include:
- Performance Reviews
- Career coaching and long-term planning
- Skill improvement and training
- Providing technical information to assist in the resolution of complex problems.
Contribute to current and future Product Development needs. This contribution would include:
- Establishing, maintaining and enhancing creative relationships with inside and outside developers
- Reviewing and evaluating product concepts and designs for acquisition.
- Reviewing and evaluating competitive products.
- Establishing, maintaining and enhancing necessary processes and procedures for product development while coordinating with all other SCEA business units to ensure SCEA company-wide policies are adhered to.
Develop business awareness through strategic thinking and planning. This would include:
- Ensuring that all projects are in line with the organization’s business plan and satisfy the business objectives.
- Staying current with developments among competitors and evaluating the impact of industry and technology developments.
- Balances ideal technical approaches and project scope against business deadlines and priorities to find the best compromise.
- Considers all projects within the context of a broader view of how the business and technology will be changing over the next several years.
- Works with financial management to understand the financial implications of all projects. Takes the organization’s budgetary cycle into account when developing project schedules.
- Anticipates and plans for the impact of the projects on other systems, business units, etc. Identifies and seeks the support of key company personnel affect by the project.
- Interpersonal, facilitation, communication and project management skills.
- Process knowledge, attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong organizational skills
- Understanding of the technical aspects of product development. Ability to identify other business units with necessary technical knowledge and cultivate relationships.
- Implementing projects in partnership with co-workers, developers and other SCEA business units. Strong capability to multitask and prioritize.
- Understanding of the industry, where technology is headed, what resources are available now, etc.
- Responsible for directing the development of multiple products from concept to final product release. At a senior level, typically works on larger, more strategic, or key products
- In addition to direct producer / project-product management functions, serves as a technical resource to other producers, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems or leading them on larger projects.
- Establishes, maintains and enhances creative relationships with inside and outside developers.
- Reviews and evaluates product concepts and designs for acquisition
- Supports studio strategic planning, budgeting processes, and provides technical and creative input to management.
- Schedules development efforts and keeps actual development on schedule.
- Accountable for meeting production schedules and deadlines for product-related materials across multiple projects.
- Works with resources throughout the company to ensure successful completion of the products. Ensures that outside developers meet milestones and receive all necessary technical information.
- Supervise and train one or more Producers, Associate Producers and Assistant Producers.
- Six to ten years of experience
- Degree from a four-year college (i.e., BA, BS)
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation(R) family of products, including the PlayStation(R)3 (PS3 TM), PlayStation(R) Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation(R) Mobile and PlayStation(R)Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation(R) first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.