Telltale’s Core Engineering group is responsible for developing low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”. The “Telltale Tool” is used by Telltale’s artists, designers and Lua programmers to create tons of amazing content for Xbox, PS3, Wii, iOS, PC, Mac and Android. The Core Engineering group creates true “author once, run anywhere” technology.
Telltale Games is actively hiring for two open positions.
• Create robust long lived, content agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross platform feature fidelity.
• Improve, debug, and extend one or more individual subsystems. (Examples: Rendering, Heaps, File Systems, Resource Management, Animation, Dialog, GUI, Audio, etc.)
• Create clean API’s for internal tools and editors that support developing cutting edge game technology in cinematography, online integration, animation, and AI.
• Utilize numerous development environments and SDK’s such as Developer Studio, XCode, Code Warrior and SN Systems.
• Analyze code performance and optimize appropriately for speed and memory usage.
• Execute in a fast paced rolling development environment maintaining platform fidelity and stability for the “Tool”.
• Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, publications, etc.
• Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology plan of the company and the game titles
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong fluency in C++/STL and 5+ years of professional C++ experience is required
•Professional game development experience with current gen hardware (Xbox One & PS4)
• Deep understanding of current hardware and tools, with a keen focus on measurement and analysis to improve performance.
• Solid working experience with DirectX and OpenGL APIs and shaders development (GLSL/HLSL)
• Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals.
• Experience maintaining and debugging a large code base developed by multiple programmers over several of years.
• Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine structure.
• Detail oriented “finisher” with proven ability to create tested, reliable systems for rapid deployment.
• Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
• B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Low level programming (Assembler)
• Parallel programming (Multi Threading / Multi processors)
• C++ template programming
• Maya API/MEL experience
• Experience with Gfx, Bink or FMOD.
• Knowledge of Lua integration
• Experience in game AI or Natural Language Processing
• Experience creating GUI’s using QT
• Knowledge of web development technologies such as SQL, CouchDB, JSON, REST
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
Telltale Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ADA compliant.