ADG develops tools and techniques for high-quality computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance the creative process of storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of visuals that approach motion picture quality.
As part of ADG you will develop new techniques for real-time rendering, collaborate with our sister company, Industrial Light & Magic, to leverage existing knowledge and solutions, and set new bars for what can be achieved in real-time simulations.
- Investigate, prototype, and implement solutions for achieving high-fidelity simulations in a real-time context.
- Extend and create solutions for real-time rigid bodies, destruction, and cloth.
- Provide deep domain expertise in the area of physics and simulation.
- Work with artists to develop and implement their vision.
- Plan and manage tasks and schedules effectively.
- Collaborate with other engineers to form a highly productive team.
- Strong physics expertise (rigid bodies, fracture, soft bodies, fluid dynamics, particle systems).
- Strong C/C++
- Experience of developing simulations for a real-time environment.
- 5+ years professional and/or academic experience.
- Shipped or supported one or more games in the role of Physics Engineer.
- Experience with GPGPU or parallel execution environments.
- Experience with existing physics middleware (Havok, PhysX, Bullet, etc).
- Experience with DCC tools such as Maya/Max.