The Lead PHP Developer will be responsible for leading and implementing the development of a social networking platform for High 5 Games. This includes leveraging existing technologies as well as developing and integrating custom features/functions.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the website, such as adding/removing content and site maintenance, identification of necessary enhancements, graphic updates, and development of new sections as appropriate.
- Support new initiatives and programs, including the use of social networking sites/blogs to implement market-presence awareness; work with marketing team, managing the online content efforts to help boost traffic with social networking, newsletters, etc.; plan and execute search engine optimization strategies.
- Measure and monitor web presence and site traffic, determine web and server problems, and implement website updates.
- Perform updates, maintenance, and creative work in collaboration with the existing graphic design team.
- Design prototypes, wireframes, and proofs-of-concept.
- Set and enforce compatibility and interoperability standards that ensure site accessibility for all users.
- Conduct research into current and emerging web technologies and issues in support of web development efforts; track and evaluate new standards, technologies, and trends in web architecture, development, design, and delivery; identify, recommend, and prioritize new web features and applications.
- Implement company's websites for Mobile devices.
- Previous experience with social networking platforms such as Ning, Elgg, etc.
- Expert development skills in PHP 5 (OOP)
- Solid understanding of relational database implementation such as MYSQL.
- Knowledge in Facebook API is a plus
- Strong background in information flow, readability, and interface usability design principles.
- Excellent understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance.
- BS/BA or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years professional experience in web development in PHP and MYSQL
- Goal and deadline oriented, Attention to detail, Highly energetic.
As a US employer, High 5 Games is required to verify that all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.
High 5 Games is an equal opportunity employer.
- Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact High 5 Games.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact High 5 Games about other services, products or commercial interests.