Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, and our DC Comics MOBA: Infinite Crisis.
Turbine, Inc. seeks a Senior Performance Engineer for the Turbine Online Service Platform department. The Senior Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for establishing testing strategies and environments and managing performance/load testing initiatives. An individual with a strong background in performance testing and SOA development is well suited for this position. Knowledge of multiple application infrastructures and strong communication skills are required for this position. The performance engineer will be working with architects, Dev & SQA engineers and technical managers from the product development & Integration teams.
- As a Senior Performance Test Engineer you will develop test strategies and performance monitoring environments using best practices, current project artifacts as well as in depth interviews of architects and development leads.
- Create performance test harnesses for eCommerce & Identity applications using SQL Tech stack, WCF web services and Microsoft MVC GUIs.
- Execute performance tests on applications to assure capacity and stability of the applications meets requirements for production deployment.
- Monitor all impacted systems for network connection disruptions as well as any obscure application behavior resulting from a network anomaly.
- Measure resource consumption of components and processes and latency at measurable points in the systems under test.
- Identify application bottlenecks and assist engineers with improving application performance and reducing latency.
- Communicate performance testing results and identify areas for improvement with stakeholders at all levels.
- Manage project deliverables and drive delivery of performance output with project managers, developers, and peers.
- Provide interim reports as well as a final report that summarize results to senior management.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related quantitative discipline Or Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related quantitative discipline with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an enterprise development environment.
- Minimum 8-10 years of load/performance experience on enterprise-wide systems.
- Understanding of various front end application architectures and the tier to tier communications.
- Measurement points of various systems and metrics for analysis of issues and risk.
- Advanced programming skills in C#/ .NET programming or Perl scripting for Unix or Linux operating systems (plus). As are Groovy and knowledge of SoapUi & Load UI.
- Excellent analytical skills and extensive troubleshooting experience.
- Project management experience as well as excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems, Internet principles and statistical data analysis.