Konami Japan is currently looking for a Senior Open World Streaming Programmer to join our FOX ENGINE development team. Inviting Worldwide Technology Director Julien Merceron and pursuing an innovative game development process on its globally recognised game titles including the Metal Gear Solid series and the Pro-Evolution Soccer franchise, we have established a new team working on the FOX ENGINE and now welcome experienced programmers with an excellent technical background.
As Open Wold is referred to as one of the main features for the latest MGS franchise, you will be playing an pivotal role as a Senior Open World Streaming Programmer in a top level of team with highly talented developers at KONAMI Japan. This will be a technological development job to bring a solid base for the FOX ENGINE, and you will be expected to develop optimised techniques to manage Open World Game Streaming mechanisms.
- Over 6 years of professional experience in creating Open World Engines for Consoles
- Proficient knowledge of Streaming, Memory Management, and Data Granularity/Packing design
- Has the passion to provide great flexibility to Content Creators
- Outstanding C/C++ and Multiplatform programming skills
- Knowledge of Highly Competitive Game Engines
- Is proficient with "Test Driven Development"
- Has participated in shipping Open World Hit Games
- Possesses verbal and written communication skills in English or Japanese
- Professional experience in creating Open World Games for consoles
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Position type: Starting with a two-year contract, which could be renewed or become indefinite based on your performance.
- Compensation: competitive salary+ discretionary bonus with a generous benefits package (e.g. Social Insurance including health insurance, labour insurance and pension; Defined Contribution Pension Plan allowance; Transportation allowance.)
- Relocation Support: Relocation support package including a relocation lump sum; free language lessons for a minimum of 3 months