Senior Multiplayer Designer
Kojima Productions Los Angeles is looking for a senior multiplayer designer to be responsible for creating and tuning multiplayer systems for the new Metal Gear Online. The candidate must be an avid multiplayer gamer with experience tuning on an existing multiplayer game, as well as a passion for shooters and the Metal Gear franchise.
- Collaborate with design, art, and programming to create and tune multiplayer, player systems, and other features of Metal Gear Online.
- Work with senior leadership to develop a vision for systems design from concept to completion.
- Participate in playtests, offer constructive feedback, and adjust design based on internal feedback as necessary.
Requirements and Skills:
- Strong passion to make top quality games.
- Over 4 years of experience as a professional single or multiplayer systems or gameplay designer for PC/PS3/Xbox360 action games.
- Systems design experience tuning difficulty, balancing weapons, implementing player rewards, progression, incentives, stats, and skills.
- Knowledge of animation systems and gameplay tuning/balance.
- Strong technical experience and proficiency in scripting languages like Lua. Programming background is a plus.
- Experience playing multiplayer games like Call of Duty, Street Fighter, League of Legends, or titles of applicable genres.
- Able to articulate the strengths and weaknesses about the design of existing games.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience designing, implementing, and tuning 3rd person player mechanics, vehicle gameplay, and AI
Please e-mail your resume and portfolio to: KJPLA@konami.com