Nickelodeon Games Group is a leading games developer and publisher for kids and family audiences. The mobile game app portfolio includes the popular new original IP, Scribble Hero, the highly successful Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rooftop Run, and in the award-winning Nick Jr. Draw & Play. Online virtual worlds operations include the action adventure MMO, Monkey Quest and the iconic Neopets.
We are currently seeking a Senior Mobile Engineer to join our team to help create new and innovative mobile games for the Kids & Family audience. Expert knowledge around iOS and Android mobile game development is required, including supporting technologies such as analytics, cross promotions, and notifications.
This position reports to the Nickelodeon Games Mobile Tech Lead.
- Design and implement game features and systems
- Participate in game performance optimizations (rendering, memory usage)
- Review status and progress made by different external game teams
- Develop and maintain build and release automation processes
- Implement industry best practices to existing continuous build integration process
- Write automation to enable efficient application submission to App Store, App Market, and App World
- Troubleshoot critical issues on game projects and advise
- Effectively communicate project status to extended games team
- Research new technology and how they can be used for our games
- 4+ years experience in game development
- Shipped or run live mobile apps (games with server/DB backend is a plus)
- Experience developing native applications on one or more mobile platforms
- In-depth knowledge of the full technology suite for mobile platforms (e.g., Objective-C, Xcode, and the iPhone SDK for iPhone; Java, Eclipse, and the Android SDK for Android)
- Hands on experience with the Apple Appstore submission process
- Familiarity with tools used to deploy mobile app for testing purposes (i.e. TestFlight)
- Experience with obtaining crash logs from the field and attaching them to symbol tables for software engineers to debug
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required
- Experience working with cross functional team including artists and designers
- Experience with Social APIs (Facebook, Game Center)
- Strong technical background in LAMP architecture, open-source technology protocols and languages, multi-tier distributed systems and effective technical project delivery experience is necessary to succeed in this role.
- Expertise in Profiling, along with performance experience (memory leaks, performance analysis)
- Familiarity with High Availability concepts, DB and server replication, fault detection
- Database (RDBMS, Document-based) knowledge including queries, updates, and scaling issues
- Familiar with security issues (use SSL, types of attacks/man in the middle, SQL-injection)
- Network protocols (HTTP, REST), programming and debugging
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience