Foster City, California
High School or equivalent
Senior Material Artist - Sledegammer Games
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
Material Artists are responsible for the creation of materials and related textures to create a variety of textural looks and styles as defined by the production’s Art Direction. The Material Artist is responsible for collaborating with the Art, Technical Art, and the Engineering teams to help drive new shader requests, rollout and document new shader features to the team, and identify issues. In addition, Material Artists may be responsible acquiring, color correcting, and organizing new texture assets as needed.
• You possess in-depth knowledge of state of the art shader techniques (software rendering as well as real-time rendering) and you're able to discuss those on a technical level.
• You are able to paint textures both from scratch and by utilizing photography and pre-existing textures.
• You are able to implement multiple types of surfaces from simple to difficult.
• You're eager and able to push the envelope and drive shading technology forward.
• You have proven experience with authoring materials and textures in multiple commercial engines.
• You possess excellent Photoshop skills.
• You have experience using SLR cameras for texture capture.
• You're adept at understanding and solving artistic as well as technical problems.
• You have a good understanding of memory and performance constraints, and know how to optimize materials while maintaining high quality.
• You have an excellent grasp of modeling, animation, UV mapping, texturing and rendering.
• You're articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language.
• You enjoy working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams.
• You have at least 5-10 years of prior professional experience within the gaming industry.
• Shipped at least 3 AAA games in a similar role.
• No knowledge of shading languages required.
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sledgehammer-games/careers
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested