Santa Monica, California
Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Senior Level Designer - Treyarch
We are looking for highly driven, self-motivated senior designers with intense creative vision and fresh ideas for gameplay. Our Senior Level Designers
collaborate with the level team to take a game level from design to completion.
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
What you’ll be doing:
The skills/experience you’ll need:
- Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Research subject matter related to the history and look of locations portrayed in a level.
- Drive the design of your level(s) from paper design to shipping product
- Spearhead the collaborative process with other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
- Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
- Mentor other designers; lead by example. Be a positive influence on your team.
- Prioritize and self-manage to meet deadlines.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
- Five years of experience and two or more published AAA titles in a level design capacity.
- Ability to communicate effectively other designers, management, and peers in other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, etc.
- Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Expertise with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
- Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with the Radiant level editor
- Architecture background
- Mod community experience
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested